» In view of the importance of the sector and give focusedattention an Independent Department has established.
» It has following Directorates:-
- Directorate of Horticulture (Planning and Marketing),J&K. (State Level);
- Directorate of Horticulture, Jammu.
- Directorate of Horticulture, Kashmir.
- J&K Horticulture Marketing Produce Corporation Limited (JKHMPC) is functioning under the Administrative Control of the Department.
- At the Divisional level, the Department is headed by Director Horticulture.
- The district offices are headed by the Chief Horticulture Officer who is assisted by District Horticulture Officer and subject matter specialists.
- Each district is divided into horticulture zones and each zone is headed by Horticulture Development Officer assisted by Horticulture Technicians and Gardeners.
- The Directorate of Horticulture Planning &Marketing is facilitating the marketing of fruits and vegetables from the state to other parts of the country/exports through well-trained and dedicated officers and network of offices within and outside the State.
- The outside the state officesareat Delhi, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jaipur, Lukhnow, Bangalore, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, Chennai, Kolkatta, Patna and Hyderabad.
- Another important function is development of Mandies and marketing infrastructure.
- Establishment of KissanGhars for accommodation of Kissans within (Jammu & Srinagar) and outside (Delhi and Kolkatta) State.