Fruit and Vegetable Mandies:
- 3 Terminal Mandies are functional and 2 are under development.
- 11 SatelliteMandies are functional and 9 under development.
- There are 10 APNI Mandies at various stages of development.
|S.No.||Category of Markets||Functional||At Final Stage||Under Development|
|Satellite Markets||Shopian||Zazna Ganderbal|
|APNI Mandies||Mandi Poonch||Tapyal|
|Mari Reasi||Dayala Chak (Chadwal)|
Development of Nurseries:
- Department of Horticulture has 138 nurseries (Kashmir-70 and Jammu-68) across the State, out of which 56 nurseries have been accredited (Kashmir 26 and Jammu 30) by National Horticulture Board (NHB).
- 307 private nurseries are registered with the Department out of which 168 are accredited.
Centers of Excellence
- Two Centers of excellence (CoE) one at Jammu and other at Kashmir are being established at an estimated cost of Rs. 9.02 & 7.84 crore respectively.
- These Centerswill have the facilities for production of high quality fruit plants, micro irrigation, high-tech greenhouse technology, Tissue culture labs, bio-control labs, weather forecasting units etc.
- These Centers will showcase and disseminate innovative technologies forpreserving germ-plasm and multiplication of improved and high yielding varieties etc.
- These will act as demonstration Centers for transfer of latest technology to the farmers/growers.